storycatcher

My daughter's stories are now more detailed than ever, including apt charactacterization, named protags and antags, and setting descriptions. Like me, her plots tend to wander. But I think soon she'll be more skilled than me, her stories sitting firmly on a three-legged stool.

I'm not writing much with the hols and company. I hope to rectify that in a day or so. I'm quite itchy. Shopping helps, a little, but Ereq and Ashetan are yelling for me to come on back and play. I also need to revise three short stories and start considering what I'll write for Editor's Corner at Electric Spec.

I've been thinking a lot about returning to teaching--teaching adult writing, that is. Actually, teaching teenagers would be cool, too. I think it would be awesome to run it at a coffee shop, sitting around and hashing out their work, teach them to think about writing critically. It's never too early to start. I've had quite a bit, but I want to take some more classes to see what I like and don't like so I can start planning for it. I'd like to start teaching roughly a year after I sell my first book, and that goal is supposed to be met by the time my daughter is in Kindergarten (next August).

Great quote from the bar Friday night: "Who wants to read a story that makes you go limp?"
I think this guy thought I wrote erotica or romance or something. Whenever I say I write violent, dark fantasy everyone kinda twists their heads just so, reconsidering me.

I think I need to learn to fight. That might help my image.



No comments: