музыка

Every book seems to acquire a soundtrack as I write it. For Sentinel, it is forever Aidan's music: loud punk rock like Linkin Park, Rise Against, Offspring, Sum 41.

Taming the Tiger, which is Kaelin's tragedy, focused on Sting and U2--anything angsty and sacrificial.

Trinidad just decided it really likes Coldplay's new album Viva La Vida (or Death and all his friends). Their emotional wailing, along with the title, perfectly suits Trinidad, a young soldier who considers himself already dead in Christ's eyes.

I've long thought it would be cool to put out mix cd soundtracks with books. I like the idea of mixing media and art forms like that. I don't listen to music when I read, but I'd love to read the book and then check out the music the author thought should accompany it. Incidently, my mom is taking a class on Kansas films (The Wizard of Oz to In Cold Blood) and they watched The Wizard of Oz with Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon soundtrack. She said it's fab. Start the music the second time the lion roars.

What's your latest music passion?

No comments: