things i learned since my last post

1. I have a sore throat. No amount of whiskey is going to kill the germs. Not this time.
2. When someone asks you to lick your belly, even if you refuse, the experience will come around to bite you in the ass at some point. Sooner rather than later.
3. I have time for only one prima donna in my life. Me. (Fortunately the daughter did not inherit my inclination.)
4. I can destroy a clean kitchen in less than five minutes.
5. The new jeans I just bought are too big, even though they're my typical size and style. This is a double-edged sword.
6. I want a new Coach bag and bigger diamond earrings, but I'm apparently mature enough to not whine for them.
7. The husband is eternally grateful.
8. Apparently I'm in the market for a new car.
9. Too bad there aren't any cool ones.
10. Debating the candidates is an exercise in futility. Not only do I not claim a party, so I don't get to vote in a primary, but Boulder County's votes were counted and finalized a full two weeks after the winner had been chosen in the last Presidential candidate. (They are likely going to use the same method next time--paper ballets.) I'm not only disenfranchized; my vote actually does not count.

No comments: