So in the LIKE:
- Straightforward language in narrative.
- Snapshot descriptions.
- Dialogue with conflict and tension, very unbalanced, lots of questions, cutting off, redirection.
- Concise internal narrative that contradicts action or adds to character.
- Powerful, simple premise.
- Some premises just for fun.
- Detailed worlds shown mostly through character.
- Complicated plots via conflicting goals.
- When the premise and plot tell the story.
- Plenty of room for reader interpretation.
- Combining ordinary elements in extraordinary ways.
- Violence, hatred, dedication, revenge - emotions and actions that take me outside my comfort zone
- Exploration of evil
What do you like?