forward progress

EMISSARY is coming along, though with only slight discernible word count increases. One of my friends uses "forward progress every day" to describe her daily  goal and while I ended up a little ahead in the word count category than previous days, and this with removing about 500 words of a now mostly useless scene, I guess I should be happy. I'm not. A first, solid draft of EMISSARY is meant to be finished at the end of the month. That said, I do have some time yet, and after all the changes I've made (adjustment to characters including removing a few, notes and changes to plot) I feel better about moving ahead. I lost a week due to being sick and being mostly unable to think. But the brain is back in gear, woot!

Oh, I wrote this and quite the discussion ensued. Worth a read all week to see what various writers have to say about the topic of Harassment, Sexism, and Misogyny in SF/F.  We have some intriguing  topics coming up at the Night Bazaar, so stay tuned. Cheers to Tomra, publicist at Night Shade, in helping us out with it! Next week is about Racefail 2013.

I've gotten a few review requests for EXILE, though not enough to make me happy. I'll be tossing out quite a few more letters this week to see what sticks. Note: I've got lots of review copies so if you are a review site and you stumble over here, I'm happy to send you one. I also got the invites all sent for my launch at Tattered Cover, LoDo. I'm not happy with the responses, so I may well send out some paper invites next week to follow up. I've never been a fan of Evite.


Also I was invited to attend Denver Comic Con as a panelist. It's Memorial Day Weekend and will be a blast!  More on that soon.

No comments: