pretty shiny

All along I've wondered "Why the Silver World?" besides that's what they get to fight over, and the whole title wouldn't be possible without it, and also it's a cool fantastical element to my SF thriller that I just like, so there.

But its theme, its real purpose, comes to me in bits. The latest is how having access to a pretty, shiny world isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Let me explain.

I live in Stepford.  It's a pretty, shiny world. Don't get me wrong, though. The people are generally wonderful.

But in the wrong hands...and there are a few wrong hands about...it can turn nasty very quickly.  So too with the Silver World.  What if you have sand that can heal soldiers so that they become invincible?  Good or bad?

Hmm. I guess it would depend on the soldiers.

Got any confounding characteristics or props or settings in your story?

No comments: