dream

What's the first thing that pops into your mind when you see the word "Dream"?

I keep running across the word in its every connotation. Lots of talk about dreams lately, both the sleeping kind, and the waking kind. I like that because SCAR is about dreaming: nightmares, memories (aren't they an awful lot like some dreams?), lucid dreaming, how losing vs keeping memories affect dreams and self, and allowing dreams when all hope is lost.

It's tough, with all this talk about dreams, not to believe in some sort of cohesive Whole that binds us. I always think of It as the marshmallow in Rice Crispy Treats. It's easy to break apart when you need to, but it still sticks to everything.


I wonder if faith must be a sort of dream, too, something beyond waking and sleeping, or maybe it's the Dream that binds all the connotations together.

Maybe that's what the Silver World is in SCAR - faith. Hmmm, I think I just hit on something there.

Speaking of SCAR, not a lot of writing time today, so I'd better get to it. In the meantime, you can tell me your dreams, waking, sleeping, or otherwise.

No comments: