authorfest

My friend Stuart Neville's THE GHOSTS OF BELFAST drops today in the US. I've been reading this book off and on for a couple of years now, and in a fit of "I told you so!" I'll remind Stuart that, as I predicted, the book has already been a best seller in England and is set to be one here. I read it in one sitting the first time, a rough onscreen manuscript (clean copy, though, Stuart has a habit of writing very clean copy). And I knew. I knew it would sell like crazy and maybe even change the landscape of thriller writing, at least in Northern Ireland. (His next book is nothing short of fabulous, too.)

Stuart's a writer's writer and a good friend. Go buy GHOSTS. You'll be glad you did.

Today I'm heading to
AUTHORFEST for a speaking engagement. We have a busy October coming up, some of which involves me being gone or otherwise unavailable. I will be in Manitou Springs tomorrow, hopefully not hungover since I'll be spending the night at my sister-in-law's house Thursday night, and then spending the night with my friend Emily at the conference hotel on Friday. They're all some of my fave people who I never get to see enough, so it'll be tre fun.

No comments: