wip progress

I stalled out. Not a bad thing, but I realized I needed some time to think. I've been filling my time with short stories while Trinidad hangs about in the back of my head, hitching his weight to one side impatiently.

Today a quote from Philippians inspired me, something someone will yammer at Trinidad at the most annoying time:

For he has graciously granted you the privilege not only of believing in Christ, but of suffering for him as well...

(Isn't that damned annoying? Most people, my priests exempted, quote the Bible like they're wielding a weapon, and so it shall be in this scene.) Trinidad will cut this person off angrily, not thinking of how the verse ends until a later, guilt-ridden moment.

...since you are having the same struggle that you saw I had and now hear that I still have.

I'm comfortable with these floating snippets because that's often how a plot takes shape for me. And I have a feeling that this will be a major part of Trinidad's emotional resolution. But still, this book is still the most planned book I've ever written. I've got my ironic crux nailed down. (Something I'm going to write about further for ElectricSpec.) The characters are starting to breathe. I've logged in hours of research, which has left me with some major world-building decisions to make, and my synopsis approaches ten pages. So I'm going to finish this short story, perhaps another, and get back to The Silver Scar, palate cleansed, head cleared, knowing where I'm headed.

Except for this minor point: I'm pretty damn vague on how the whole thing ends. :D

No comments: