sicketysicksicksick

Congratulations to new friend John Robison, whose book on Aspergers Syndrome, LOOK ME IN THE EYE, was released yesterday to a standing ovation in New York. If the book is any bit as brilliant, funny, smart, and just damned nice as John is, it'll be the read of the year.

I'm still plugging along on revisions on Sentinel. Odd the different take I have on it now. Since my craft is more like a tool, I'm able to focus on what's really important--just what the hell I'm trying to say. I had such a great crit group meeting last night--one of those where I really got help, even when I didn't realize I needed it. Lots of laughing and joking, too. I'm so lucky to have them. However, my fellow editor Dave disagreed with me on some of my examples for slipstream. I still feel it's all in the degree of suspension of belief--I think he believes it should be something you cannot understand but know on some wordless level that it's striking at the heart of existence. I'm going to read more. I'll update here if I refine my definition. (Not so long though, promise!)

My baby is sick...again. She was sick all weekend, went back to school yesterday, and now her fever is spiked again. This is probably the sickest she's ever been--limp, no energy, no spunk to even argue of get out of bed. So we're off to the doctor's.

OK, back to revisions...

No comments: