mAyBe If I tYpE lIkE tHiS sOmEoNe WiLl LoVe Me

I am in the middle of reading our finalist stories. Wow. Tough competition out there. I'm late btw, our production meeting is on Sunday. (You'll be able to pick this editor out by her hangover.)

Anyway, I'm not posting much cuz I'm so crazy busy. My baby started kindergarten this week, while the elder kid is getting friggin' braces! (Third grade is treating him well, though, thanks for asking.) And the husband is STILL adjusting to being gone at an actual job all day. After a month. Yeah. Shut up. It would take me that long, too. And somehow I managed to draft about 12 new pages and complete some significant revisions on a novel and short story (hense the delay in reading).



My editors here at SSaS have requested a regular feature from me, and since no one reads or comments on Fridays, I figured that was the best day in case I miss doing it once, or never do it again, or whatever. So, Sex Scenes at Starbucks hearby and hensewith proudly introduces:

FRIDAY'S FOOD FOR THOUGHT

The Guardian notes, "of those who did read, women and retirees were the most avid readers, and religious works and popular fiction were the top choices. The median figure for books read - with half reading more, half fewer - was nine books for women and five for men.... People from the West and Midwest are more likely to have read at least one book in the past year.

This from Publisher's Marketplace. See? Hellooooo, New York, we're reading over here on the other side of the country!! I do think the West and Midwest are often ignored in marketing plans from the East (insert clever example here) (note to self--start watching commercials for research). Screw the examples. There's no question that Easterners suffer from a false superiority complex; just ask a friggin' New Yorker about his pizza. (To which I respond: "That's the best you got? A city full of restaurants and you're talking about fuckin' pizza?")


I actually sit over here in Colorado, staring at the mountains every day, feeling pretty damned superior myself, thank you very much.

Oh, and here's a shout-out to my Canadian friends: Thanks for you cold snap. But if your weather fuckin' rains on my birthday party tomorrow, I'm calling W to invade. He obviously needs to kick someone's ass.

Incidently, I just wrote an interview for Barth Anderson, noteable short story and novel author, for the zine. Shit was that hard! (He's so smart, it's kinda intimidating. And doesn't he just look like the epitome of an author.) Anyway, I need to hone my interviewing skills. Anybody up for an interview by Sex Scenes at Starbucks? C'mon. You know you want it. And the publicity is killer, if your target market is repressed computer geeks from Thailand trolling the internet for :sex scenes" or directions to the nearest "Starbucks".


No comments: