blinded by fiction

Flash Fiction. Late as usual.

Rules are as always: 250 words
Theme: compensation
Phrase for the week: came in slowly


This shall remain titleless.

“Is that what you think this is? Love?”

“I didn’t say that.”

“Oh, no, but you’re thinking it.”

“I am not.”

“Let’s see. Five dates. A couple of rousing good fucks. Sure, that adds up to love.”

“Stop it!”

“I mean, you sure as hell put your time in. You probably think you deserve love after two weeks. After all, I call you every day.”

“Why are you doing this? What’s it prove?”

“God, my friends warned me about you. But I couldn’t resist taking you for a test drive anyway.”

“Stop being such a bitch.”

“No, you stop. Stop thinking like that. You’re worth more than that, and you’re worth a hell of a lot more than-”

“Don’t you dare.”

“Look, you want someone who’s coming in slowly, carefully-“

“No, I don’t!”

“Biding their time until love knocks on the door.”

“That’s bullshit.”

“No. No, it’s not. You’ve got all the fucking time in the world. You’re twenty, for crissake.”

“This isn’t attractive. This isn’t you.”

“Yeah, it is. I’ve pegged you and you can’t stand it.”

“Fuck you.”

“Gladly - Ha! Did you just stomp your foot?”

“Fuck, Liv. I want you. Here. Now.”

“Ok.”

“Get off me. You bring this shit up and now you think we’re going to fuck?”

“Well... yeah.”

“Why? Why bring it up at all?

“Well, just so we know, right? So we both know where we stand.”

“I don’t have any fucking idea where you stand, Liv. Why don’t you enlighten me?”

No comments: